Homes & Buildings
Homes and buildings
* Buildings are responsible for approximately 40% of all municipal
emissions Focusing on energy retrofits significantly reduces energy
demand, while switching to heat pumps eliminates the rest.
* Encourage the adoption of retrofits for maximum energy efficiency.
* 1 foot thick walls, 2-3 feet insulation in attics (R60 & R100).
* Require all new builds and retrofits to be fossil-fuel free.
* Require all home sales to convert to fossil-fuel free energy.
* Require that all furnace replacements be fossil-fuel free.
* Develop an energy transition plan template for homes & businesses.
* By 2024 have a Green Development Plan completed.
* Establish a District Heating Utility Company.
* Begin feasibility studies for the downtown cores in 2023.
* Have the downtown projects completed by 2028.
* Have all residences and buildings fossil-fuel free by 2045.
Capped Natural Gas Line
Air to Air Heat Pump
Eco Homes - Sustainable & Green - Build or Renovate Better - Ecohome
Getting off gas: A how-to guide to get fossil fuels out of your home
The Science Behind a Net Zero Home
Calculator2 - Ontario Clean Air Alliance
Canada Greener Homes Grant (nrcan.gc.ca)
Heating and Cooling With a Heat Pump
Ontario Geothermal Association: Growing - The Heating & Cooling Industry - OGACANADA
Electrify your home - Electrify Now
Global. Reliable. Sustainable - Enwave Energy Corporation
District Heating - International District Energy Association
Our mailing address is: 50by30Niagara@gmail.com
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences.
unsubscribe from this list.